|For questions or to schedule a class call (317) 398-5297
Family Life Education offers an all-inclusive class that covers:
- Labor and Delivery
- Postpartum Care
- Tour of OB Unit and Discussion of Unit Policies
- Pain Relief Options/Epidural Anesthesia
- Overview of Relaxation Techniques and Breathing
CHILDBIRTH PREPARATION CLASS
CLASS OFFERINGS FOR 2014
This class is recommended for all women giving birth at Major Hospital. Classes are designed for first time mothers-to-be and their labor support persons. However, if it has been more than five years since your last pregnancy, we recommend taking this class, also. Classes are held in the 3rd floor classroom from 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and may let out early depending on content and class participants. Contact Beth Harding for more information: 317-421-3209
- Thursday, February 13th, 2014, 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, March 13th, 2014, 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, April 17th, 2014, 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, May 22nd, 2014, 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, June 12th, 2014, 6:30pm-9:00pm
BREASTFEEDING BASICS CLASS
Breastfeeding is the best way to provide nourishment to your child. This class covers breastfeeding basics to help make breastfeeding a success for you and your child. Your spouse and/or support person is encouraged to attend with you. A certified breastfeeding educator teaches the class. If you are not planning to breastfeed, this class is optional. It is recommended to those who want to breastfeed or for those wanting more information regarding breastfeeding. Classes are held in the 3rd floor classroom from 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday, May, 27th, 2014, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday, July, 29th, 2014, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday, September 30th, 2014, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday, November, 25th, 2014, 6:30pm-8:30pm
This one-hour appointment allows expectant mothers to pre-register, sign consent form(s) and receive discharge information. This appointment is offered after the mother reaches 35 weeks of pregnancy. Please call (317) 421-3209 for more information or to schedule your appointment.
To Learn more about the Birth Place at Major Hospital click here.