Friends and family members can call (317) 392-3211 between 8:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. daily to get general information for a patient.
General Visiting hours
General hospital visiting hours are unrestricted between 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. If you wish to stay after visiting hours, please obtain permission from the charge nurse.
The Birth Place
Visiting hours are from 11 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. No visitors under 12 are allowed except for the newborn's siblings. Visitors are encouraged to wait three to four hours until the patient has recovered from delivery.
Intensive Care Unit
Please limit visitors to two at a time. If your family member has been admitted to the intensive care unit we ask that only immediate family visit and that you stop by the nurse's station before visiting. Due to the specialized nature of this unit, we ask that there be no visitors under 14 without special permission.
We understand the importance of relationships with children and the role they play in the healing process. However, due to children's decreased immunities, limited attention spans, and safety issues in a hospital, staff will use discretion in allowing visitation of children under 12. Check with a nurse on the unit for further clarification.
Spanish Language Interpreter
Spanish language interpreters are available to serve patients and their families who cannot speak, read, write or understand english at a level that permits them to interact effectively with health care providers.
Visitors are welcome. The cafeteria is located in the basement and ice tea are available throughout the day.
- Breakfast 7 a.m. - 10 a.m. Monday - Friday
- Lunch 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Monday - Sunday
- Dinner 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday - Sunday
- Beverage and snack service available from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Sunday
- Tea available from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday - Sunday
Vending machines offering a variety of food, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages are located in the basement across from the cafeteria.
If you would like information on area restaurants please ask the volunteers at the front desk.
The Major Hospital Chapel is located adjacent to the main lobby entrance. For your convenience, the chapel is open 24 hours a day.
The Gift Shop is located on the first floor. It features a variety of specialty items and is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The following are general guidelines for visitors.
- Individuals who have colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- It is suggested that only two visitors be with a patient at the same time.
- Visitors should speak quietly and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room at the staff's discretion.
- Visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
- Smoking is not allowed in any portion of the hospital building or grounds.
- Use of cellular phones is not allowed in direct patient care areas.
- Lounges for visitors are located throughout the hospital.
- To provide the optimum therapeutic environment, health care providers reserve the right to limit a patient's visitors.
- Please feel free to discuss these guidelines with the charge nurse if special circumstances need to be considered.
Flowers and gifts are welcome in most rooms except the critical care areas. Volunteers make deliveries each day.
An ATM machine is located inside the main entrance by the chapel.
Nearby hotels include:
Comfort Inn, 36 W. Rampart, Shelbyville, IN 46176, (317) 398-8044
Hampton Inn Shelbyville, 59 E Rampart St, Shelbyville, IN 46176, (317) 398-9100
Holiday Inn Express Hotel, 68 East Rampart Road, Shelbyville, IN 46176, (317) 398-0472
Lees Inn, 111 Lee Blvd, Shelbyville, IN 46176, (317) 392-2299
Knight's Inn, 1810 N Riley Highway, Shelbyville, IN 46176, (317) 392-3221
Super 8 Shelbyville, 20 Rampart St, Shelbyville, IN 46176, (317) 392-6239